Friday, September 9, 2011

Of OJ, Ovens, and Craft Rooms

Last week, Lindsay of  From the Aisle to Aloha, wrote a "Little Things" post and asked if anyone would be interested in linking up.  I absolutely wanted to link up.  Her challenge is for us to find the little things throughout the week that God has done for us or little things that have made us smile/be thankful about.  Great idea right???

This week, I have been pretty sick with a cold.  Thankfully it seemed to disappear yesterday so that makes me so much happier.  When being pregnant, (who am I kidding), anytime I get sick I really prefer not to take medicine.  So one huge blessing this week has been God's natural healer: OJ or Orange Juice (not OJ Simpson, *shudders*).  I'm so thankful we were able to pick up some OJ this week.
Photo found here

Then there was the morning this week I woke up to get my glass of said orange juice and walked past the oven and thought, "Wow, that is really warm."  I looked down to see that the oven had been on ALL NIGHT.  Apparently when we got the casserole out of the oven we forgot to shut it off.  I'm praising God that we are still alive and doing well.  I'm also very thankful for our oven.  It was provided for us in our apartment and is definitely vintage.  Plus I love to bake, so it has served me well over these last three years.  It made me sad one day when our landlord said he was thinking of replacing it.  I mean just look at this beauty!

A few months ago, I was really pining for a space all of my own where I could create.  Instead our apartment had turned into a disaster area for my craft supplies looked like they had grown legs and crawled into every area of our apartment.  SO, my husband very kindly decide we would change our "game room" (really it's basically a large closet) into the craft room and set up the table for me and moved all of my wonderful supplies into the craft room.  

This is my space.  It may be little, but it's my space.  It may look messy, but it's my space.  For that I am so thankful.  And despite the mess, these were all items that I was working on this week.  YAY!  I'm also very thankful for that little pink glue gun that I received via FreeCycle.  I lost mine and someone gave me one for FREE.  Praise God for that! 


If you have some little things that you are thankful for this week, why don't you link up with Lindsay??? 



Aisle to Aloha


I'd also love to hear about the little things you are thankful for this week!


StumbleUpon

2 comments:

  1. Hopping over from Lindsay (and can be found at Seek Ye First)! Man oh Man, I was sick not too long ago and OJ was my best friend! I'm the worst when I'm sick! Summer sick is not fun at all! Glad you are feeling better! Oh, and I'm in love with your oven! Super cute, and we're completely guilty of leaving ours on for hours after we've used it. Thank heavens nothing went wrong! I can't wait to see more little things!

    ReplyDelete

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog