Sunday, September 4, 2011

Great Lord's Day

I decided today that I would like this blog to focus more on my faith as well as the other things going on in my life.  So today's post will be about the morning service at church this morning.

Today, Aaron was feeling under the weather and didn't make it to church, but I still had a great morning in church worshiping the Lord.  The music this morning was mostly focused around the holiness of God.  What a great way to worship Him.  Our pastor preached about the Rapture from 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.  It was a terrific message and he's going to be starting a series on eschatology/prophecy dealing with the end times.  I'm so excited because in my quiet times I've been reading through the minor prophets and not really understanding them super well.  We don't normally go to Sunday night services because we live on the other side of town and don't have much income right now.  I'm pleased/thankful to say that Aaron said we could certainly go to Sunday evening services while Pastor preaches this series.  Praise God!!!

Today was also communion Sunday for our church.  Our worship leader sang the song "How Deep the Father's Love For Us" by Stuart Townend.  I was so moved by the words today as I sat there eyes closed, ready to partake in communion.

I particularly like this version of the song.  You don't need to watch the video if you don't want to but it does have the lyrics also if you'd like to follow along.


How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure


How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory



Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers



It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished



I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection



Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

(REPEAT)

The line underlined above is the one that really got me thinking.  I know that often I'm not actually thinking about what communion means to me while we partake but today, I was thinking about how Christ really did suffer for my sins.  Praise God that He would willingly give His Son to take my punishment.  It's totally unfathomable.  I'm so thankful for the redemption we have through Christ.  Praise God for His Mercy.



Did you attend a service today?  I'd love to hear what you learned about this morning!
StumbleUpon

1 comment:

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog