Saturday, March 26, 2011

Heartbreaking

I've spent the last hour and a half or so having my heart broken over and over again.   I have been following Carrington's Courage ever since a friend shared it with me.  She is an adorable little girl who is fighting for her life right now.  I wish I could support more than just through prayer but unfortunately it's just not possible right now. Recently, Sarah who operates the blog, has posted Carrington's Challenge.  Well I looked at the website she had posted.  These children weren't as "lucky" as Carrington.  Reading this post started the tears flowing.  Then I started clicking on the other links.  Andrew, just stood out to me.  Such a sweet boy.  How can people abandon these children??? And while Tara, I'm sure, no longer looks like the little girl listed here, I'm sure she's just as sweet as she is described.  And little Jimmy, who doesn't want to kiss his face?

Is your heart breaking yet?  How about going and reading more stories here and here.  Alright enough of the posting for tonight.  It's time for me to go pray for these kids.  I do hope you take up Carrington's Challenge.  Please start praying for these children.  More than anything they need our prayers.

Melanie, thanks for introducing me to Carrington.

Karen, thanks for giving me an opportunity to love some of the children in the orphanage you will be going to.

Sarah, thanks for updates on Carrington.


Isaiah 1:18 Seek justice, 
   encourage the oppressed.[a] 
Defend the cause of the fatherless, 
   plead the case of the widow.

Zechariah 7:9 
This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. 10 Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.’



StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog