Saturday, March 19, 2011

Crafty Saturday

So these are some of the projects I worked on last night and this morning.  I will be linking up to my friend Laura's blog.  You can check out the other entries over here.  She's soooooo awesome.  I absolutely LOVE her etsy shop.  She's a believer and always posts things that are so encouraging. :)

And without further ado, here is the frog I made for a friend's bridal shower this weekend.  They have a frog theme for the baby's room so I made this little guy.  I used this pattern, sorta.  I made it bigger and added more detail.  And I still didn't make it big enough.  Turning those front legs was nearly IMPOSSIBLE.  I ended up ripping out one seam and then turned the foot and sewed it by hand.  :/ Not the best job I've ever done, but I am learning.  I still think  he's adorable. :) :) :)

 I made this little pillow last week.  Gah, I keep calling it a pillow, it's not.  It's actually a rice filled heating pad you put in the microwave.  I looked at it and loved it immediately when I was done.  Until I noticed I forgot one of the most important words in the entire verse.  BOOOOOO!!!

I can't believe I forgot that little word NOT.  It makes all the difference in the world with the verse though.  I tried squeezing it in by hand stitching it, I don't really like it as much, but I do still like it enough.

I made this little heating pad out of desperation last week when my tooth pain was soooooooo intense I was trying everything to make it stop.  Through prayer and the help of a wonderful dentist, I've been pain free for two days :).  Thanks be to God!


I made this little headband for a one of the girls I am a nanny for.  She LOVES pink and purple.  Oh and red and violet, but I just stuck with pink and purple since that's what I had.  I'm going to give it to her on her birthday.  April Fools Day.  Maybe I'll go in wearing it and saying it's mine, but then tell her April Fools and give it to her.  We'll see. Ignore the angry look on my face, I wasn't really angry but a little frustrated because I couldn't stop shaking the camera and all my photos were out of focus.

I made this flower headband for myself.  But I did this close up because I made the same flower into a little flower clip for the other little girl that I watch.  Love it.  You can see in the bottom photo that it's lime green and denim. 
 Some day I'm hoping to be able to sell some of the things that I make so I am trying to practice for now.  I made this headband for myself.  I made another one for myself, and I made a wonderful mustard hair clip I will have to share tomorrow.  I'm hoping to wear it to church tomorrow.

I am having so much fun with crafting lately.  I realized that I do much better with smaller projects than larger projects like quilts.  I need to finish my husband's quilt.  I promised one to my nephew too, but after that I'm not sure I'll make any more quilts.  Maybe I will, but send them to someone else to quilt them.  I love piecing them.  I dislike quilting them.  

I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with time this weekend to craft.  It's so relaxing and fun for me.

Oh and before I forget.  A very happy birthday to my nephew Ryan and My friend Sky of Many Dreams Come True & Some Have Silver Linings.

Have a Happy Lord's Day tomorrow everyone :) 
StumbleUpon

2 comments:

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog