Saturday, January 28, 2012

Recent Readings

Recently I've been reading some books from our midwife, Valerie.  I know I say it all the time but we just love her.  She's the best! 

I have not read all of the books completely because I read enough to know if I thought we should get the books or not. One of those books was Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss.  This book was awesome in that he teaches you how God intended us to deal with illnesses.  He talks about how most of the time, our diseases/conditions can be dealt with by the creation God has given us.  I really hope to get this book in the future.  

The other book that I read completely is Male Practice by Dr. Robert S. Mendelsohn.  Wow was that a great read.  It made me angry, in a good way.  Although written in 1982, I think there are so absolutely critical lessons we can take away from that book. Unfortunately I already gave it back to our midwife or I would have quoted some of the sections.  I am not one to read "science" type books very often, but I couldn't put this one down.  It was so good and so informative. 


I've also spent some time reading up on various topics from the website Mothering.com.  It's been so fun to do so.  You should check it out!  I'm not sure I'd try it but I read this interesting article about using seashells in your bra instead of nursing pads basically. 

And then there's this fascinating one about how baby's already know how to breastfeed. 

And now that I've finished reading the books that were more "required reading,"  I have finally started reading Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy.  I got it for my birthday but had been trying to get my "baby" reading in first.  It's so good! I'm only 20 pages in but am thoroughly enjoying it.  

What have you been reading lately? 
StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog