Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baby Shower #1

This past weekend was filled with lots of fun and excitement and busy!  But, that's life.  I'm not entirely convinced that life ever slows down.

***Warning: I'm terrible at taking photos so all of the photos sprinkled throughout are actually from the baby shower.  You have been warned.  You may proceed.***

Friday night, we went to my mom-in-love's for dinner and some board games for my birthday.  It was wonderful, she made 3 different soups and a casserole that I really love and got us some ice cream cake! YUM YUM!  Then when Courtney got home, we played some Boggle and Settlers of Catan.  I love both of those games, so they did a great job picking out what to play that night!  Courtney's only complaint about the game is that we were done playing (at 1:15 am or so).  (I had to be up by 8 so I knew it was time to get ready for bed, or else I MAY have played another).  Aaron got the bed ready for us and then we snuggled with a little precious Conner puppy, who is really not that little anymore as he's going to be 6 soon.  
Me and Mom Wood

Courtney and Me

la sigh, I remember when I first met Conner he bit my ear as a wee lil corgi puppy.  

Then on Saturday, after we found Aaron's wallet, it was off to breakfast with my former roommates.  We went to Perkins and had a very nice breakfast.  My card from Meg was hilarious (she knows I love chocolate), I also received Persuasion, a Jane Austen based film, and Bonhoeffer (which I can't wait to read).  It was so nice to just get to see all of them again.  :) 
Sally, Me, Meg, Liz

Then we went home, got ready and had lunch with my parents and sister, Kristin.  We went to a local Italian restaurant and it was soooooooo tasty!
Kristin and I

Mom and Me (I tickled her to get a pseudo real smile HEHEHEHE)

Daddy and Me

Then it was finally time for the baby shower.  (Are you tired yet?)


We played some games: Name that nursery rhyme, guess the circumference of Amanda's tummy and Baby Bingo.

Then we, well, I, opened gifts.  Apparently I was too fast as my sister got very few "OK" pictures.

This little bear is super cute. He plays peek-a-boo with baby and raises his arms/blanket to cover his face! ADORABLE!

And this little rocking chair has been in our family for 4 generations.  It was my grandma's, then mom's, then mine, and now baby's!
Hopefully in the spring though we can give it a fresh coat of paint and a new cushion! :) 

Daddy, Me and Baby makes three!

And then daddy showed up to help us load up gifts. 

It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon! 
Surrounded by people that love us and care about us and our wee one on the way! 

How did you spend your Saturday???

I've got more to come as Aaron planned a special date for me Saturday night ;). 


P.S. 
Don't forget you can still get FREE SHIPPING until November 10th, with the code: BIRTHDAYSHIPPING.





StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog