Monday, May 2, 2011

HELP!!!

I am thinking about setting up a shop on Etsy.  I understand the fees charged by Etsy and Paypal, (thanks to my sweet friend Laura).  However, I have NO idea how the tax part of it works.  Right now I'm not really happy about taxes in general since it kinda is the reason I'm losing my job.  ICK!  Anyway!  I'm so worried about starting up an Etsy shop and not really making any income from it because it all goes back into taxes.  I'm not sure I would even be able to understand how to do my taxes.  We totally don't have the money to see a CPA.  Gah, so many things to consider.  I say we just abolish taxes :) I kid, maybe.  I know I know, render unto Caesar what is Caesar's but, yeah.  I'm so confused.  Help please???? If you own a handmade business what do you do in order to pay your taxes as you should?  Is it worth it to set up a handmade business?  Do you really make much money from it?  (I'm not asking for specific details, but just your help).  Sincerely, 
Totally Confused Toaster!


Random picture from college added for your amusement!

If you'd prefer to email me please do so mrsawood08 at gmail dot com.  Thanks!
StumbleUpon

1 comment:

  1. I never paid/do pay taxes on photos I sell. I also used to sell stuffed animals and jewelry and embroidered items on eBay back in the day before I knew about Etsy. It's just a big hassle and not really necessary - no one is going to care. Plus, I think legally, you have to sell $600 worth of goods before you have to tax? Something like that. Not sure, because I don't even bother :) Just sell for fun! Trust me you won't get in trouble, if that's what you're worried about anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog