Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Honeymoon

Aaron and I enjoyed our honeymoon to Playa del Carmen/Riviera Maya, Mexico, VERY much.  We stayed in the Sandos Caracol Eco-Resort and Spa.  It was soooooo beautiful.  Take a look at our lovely room!

We loved our room very much, it was so beautiful!  And they do a/c right down there, you don't walk out of your room and suffocate, but it's so refreshing entering the a/c.

This is the beauty experienced when walking around our GORGEOUS resort.  I had a few complaints (like too hot, and FAR too many bugs (came home with over 40 bug bites)), but it was the best honeymoon I could have asked for.

We had an all-inclusive package so we got to enjoy some yummy pina coladas.


There were also lovely animals on our resorts: Donkeys (burro, burra, and burrito), peacocks and peahens, lizards, coatis, raccoons, turtles and various birds.




There was a night where local vendors came selling their goods.  I bought this guy. =P J/K


We had a beautiful beach and a few beautiful pools to swim in 

We ate at some delicious restaurants.  The one below was the Mediterranean restaurant, I didn't enjoy this one as much.


But they served me tiramisu, with music notes around it. . .AMAZING



Then there was the Brazilian restaurant which was A-MA-ZING
We had at least 7 different kinds of meat, a salad bar, roasted pineapple, and some other side dish stuff 
And then they gave me a baked Alaskan, which they set on fire in front of me, soooooo cool



We also had a jacuzzi, despite the lovely photo, the champagne tasted AWFUL, eh, but it was free and made for a pretty photo :)


Then we went on a Mayan Excursion where we went canoeing, went hiking, ziplining, and rappelled into a cinote (natural spring) which was in a cave, SOOOOOO Cool, they had inner-tubes for us once we got down there. 














Then we went to Coba where Aaron climbed one of the few remaining Mayan pyramids, I chickened out after we took the first picture.  But my adventurous husband climbed all the way to the top.

And then it was time to go home,  Here is a picture of the front of the resort before we left. 



We had a great honeymoon and enjoyed ourselves very much.  I also enjoyed my first trip out of the states (other than Canada).  I have a wonderful husband to provide so well for me :)
StumbleUpon

1 comment:

  1. Yay for honeymoons! Yay for getting to leave the country! Visiting other countries is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog