Tuesday, July 27, 2010

3rd of July BBQ

Aaron and I planned a BBQ for some of our church friends for the 3rd of July, since the 4th was a Sunday.
Aaron made 6 cups of homemade barbecue sauce (He found the recipe from the guy on Create who does BBQUniversity).  He also made a dry rub for the ribs (we made a ton), the rub had only 3 ingredients, but everyone raved about it (I don't eat spicy stuff so I didn't try it).  It had paprika, fresh ground pepper and coarse salt.

We also made potato salad (which didn't turn out well) :(, fruit salad with pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, and cherries, rhubarb cobbler, lemon bars, watermelon, corn on the cob, hamburgers (thanks Liz), and chicken breasts.  There was so much food there.  We had expected a few more people than were able to show up but it was still a good time.

The guys played football/frisbee those types of games. The girls tended to sit around and talk a little bit more.

Overall it was a great day.  Too bad I didn't remember to take pictures until the end.

Oh and how could I forget there was ROLLER BLADING. . . with puppies =P


And Brandon giving Aaron some Pointers

And the building of a fire 

Like I said, overall, it was a very good day :) 

StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog