Friday, August 31, 2012

Some Essentials for me these days

Since becoming a parent I've been convicted about what I watch/listen to.  Aaron and I have been praying about this for a while now but haven't taken the step to actually throw things out yet.  We've started making progress though.  We want a strict guideline of what we will and will not accept in our home.

All of that to say, when Zoe was nursing ALL.THE.TIME.  I was watching a lot of TV unfortunately. And the things that I watched weren't something I wanted her to watch, Dancing with the Stars being one of them.  I danced ALOT growing up.  But lately all of the dances are super raunchy/sexual and the costumes are just AWFUL! PLEASE WEAR CLOTHING.  Ok, anyway.  It makes me so sad though because I love dance and love to watch dancing but I can't keep watching things that are so wrong.

So lately, I've found the LivingWaters ministry again.

OH BOY

Just what I needed.  They have a show called ON THE BOX.  It's on at 2:30 EST.  I really enjoy watching this show because it makes me excited to go out and do evangelism.  It's even given me the courage to talk to the JWs when they came by recently.  Praise God for hopefully planting some seed in their lives.

Also, if you've never seen Hell's Best Kept Secret, find it on youtube, NOW.  Listen to it.  It was so convicting the first two times I listened to it.  (I think I've watched it at least 3-4 times now).  Also Ray Comfort has a teaching called True and False Conversion. (It's in the right sidebar.) It really challenged me to test myself to see if I'm in the faith.  (2 Corinthians 13:5)

I've also been listening to a lot of Todd Friel from Wretched.tv.  You can listen to his show from 3-5 pm EST on Familynet.com/radio.  He really encourages/admonishes believers to really think about what we believe and to test the things that we hear.  SO GOOD.

And Paul Washer. . . oh man some of the best preaching I've EVER heard.  No joke.  His sermon on Biblical Womanhood was AMAZING!


PLEASE rake an hour & a half sometime to listen to it.  It was encouraging & convicting.

And this teaching on the maturity of young men was also very good I recommend it to everyone between 18-40 to listen to it.  It's not taught often.

Be encouraged friends.

StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd would love to know you stopped by. Leave us a message and I'll get back to you!

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog